Friday, April 15, 2011

Blur of a week and a new car

This week has been INSANE! We got back late Sunday night from our mini-vacation. Our router died and we ordered a new one. We spent all day Wednesday driving 2.5 hours, each way, to a car dealership to get a new car.

We got a new Nissan Rogue and I have claimed this car as "Mine". I love the car. I drove home, in the dark, over a mountain pass, through rain, snow, sleet, had to pass a truck spewing sand all over the road (and on any car that tried to pass) and all the time watching for any critters walking onto the road. Whew, it was exhausting.

The actual car buying experience was a piece of cake. I had talked to a few dealerships and had been told they were getting close to MSRP for these cars but, they did tell me what the invoice price was. I ended up using the website www.truecar.com for some quotes on the car I wanted. You choose the car, color, and options. The website comes back with a quote (or quotes) with a dealership's offer on the car that they are willing to commit to. I got the car for about $3000 under MSRP and about $1200 under invoice. I am sure that the manufacturer was giving dealerships some kickbacks and I got about $400 less on our trade-in than I wanted but I am extremely happy!

Our router came in, we hooked it up, got my computer re-connected wirelessly, got our Netflix to work with the Wii, and got my new Kindle (birthday present) connected. Oh, and we both worked a few days. I think I need a nap after all of this!

It is probably obvious that I won't be posting a Menu Item recipe this week but I promise a doozy on Monday. My new favorite dinner. I think I could eat it weekly (and I just may).

Thanks for joining me at The Tortoise's Weigh! Have a great weekend. If it stops raining, I will take and post a picture of MY (in case DH reads this) new car.

0 comments:

Post a Comment