Monday, May 30, 2011

MIM #11 - Kicked up Tuna Noodle Casserole

We made this the other day and it was really good.  I am not a fish eater but recognize that it is good for me and that I should have it once in awhile.  I could eat this a couple of times a month (which is saying a lot).

Kicked up Tuna Noodle Casserole - serves 6
6 ounces rotini (we use the Barilla Plus)
3/4 cup light sour cream
3/4 cup reduced fat Greek (2%) yogurt
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
5 ounces reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cans (approx. 5 ounces each) albacore tuna, packed in water, drained
1 cup frozen peas
Salt & black pepper
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
6 lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Spray and 8x8x2 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook rotini according to package directions and drain.
In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, mustard, cayenne and cheese together.  Add the cooked noodles, tuna, and peas.  Stir gently until the pasta is coated.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle the panko over the top.
Bake until bubbling and panko begins to lightly brown, about 15 minutes.
Serve immediately with a lemon wedge.  Squeeze the wedge over the serving for some fresh lemon juice.

Calories comes in around 325 per serving.  We served it with a tossed salad with light dressing (I really like Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard dressing).

I hope you enjoy this recipe from The Tortoise's Weigh! 

1 comment:

  1. I bought stuff to make tuna noodle salad but mine has less ingredients. I think I'm going to try yours next week since it sounds much better!!

    Here's My HYC

    ReplyDelete