Friday, March 4, 2011

The Guidelines of my Plan

I am not a doctor. I am not a nutritionist. I probably don't get all the nutrients that I am supposed to (I am sure I didn't get all the nutrients I was supposed to as I gained weight either).
I think everyone is different and has to find their own way of letting go of their weight. Here is what I have come up with that works for me. With the millions of diets out there, I am sure someone, somewhere has written something similar to this but I have not seen it.

My food guidelines are as easy as 1,2,3,4,5.
I eat 5 times a day, breakfast, am snack, lunch, pm snack, and dinner.
1 snack is 100 calories
1 snack is 200 calories
1 meal is 300 calories
1 meal is 400 calories
1 meal is 500 calories

Total: 1500 calories a day. This should allow me to lose (SLOWLY) 1.5 pounds a week.
I try to eat something every 2-2.5 hours. Breakfast at 9, snack at 11, lunch at 1, snack at 3:30 and dinner at 5:30 or 6.

I am not a big fruit or veggie lover (especially cooked veggies). I try to have 1-2 fruits a day and 1-2 vegetables a day. I don't measure or weigh my food very often (if I go over a little, so what, it is still better than what I was consuming before). Remember, this is the tortoise's way (weigh). Slow and steady wins the race.

I have found that higher carbs works better for me so, I eat a lot of whole grain breads and pastas.

I really try to think about what I want, what I feel like eating, what I am craving and I incorporate that. I have learned that most sugar free products trigger migraines for me. I have also found that sugar free sodas (I loved my diet Pepsi) make me hungry.

Working out: I really don't like exercising right now. I am trying to move, dance, walk, etc. for at least 20 minutes a day. I would imagine that as I lose weight moving in some manner, for longer, will get easier.

Eating out: My husband and I love to eat out. So, as a rule of thumb, I am cutting my meals in half and trying to make better choices. We aren't eating out as often and I am packing my lunch as opposed to ordering out.

Tomorrow is (the official) weigh day. It will be the end of 6 weeks since starting to eat this way. I will let you know how it is going and some of my mini goals.

Thanks for reading The Tortoise's Weigh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment