Saturday, March 5, 2011

Official WID - Weigh In Day

I call Saturday mornings my "Official Weigh In Day". Why official? Well, I have an obsession with the scale, especially when I am trying to let go of my weight. I weigh myself many times a day. Yes, I know it is not healthy and yes, I know it is an addiction I need to break. I have set up some interim steps to break it but I am not at the point of letting my DH hide the scale (yet). I will cover all my interim goals in subsequent posts.

So anyhow, I initially told you I had to lose (let go of) 80-100 pounds. 100 would be best and would put me at the higher end of a healthy range for my height but I put the 80 in as it sounds more reachable. I am 5'10" and I am 53 years old (54 next month).

Oh, you might be asking why I am saying that I am letting go of my weight. When you lose things, you tend to want to find them. I do not want to find the weight that I lose (let go of) ever again.

Okay, I have rambled enough this morning, back to the topic at hand, WID (weigh in day). I started using my plan 6 weeks ago today. The goal is to drop pounds SLOWLY. I want to average 1.5 lbs a week. As of today, I have let go of 10.5 pounds - a little above average. This is working. I do not feel deprived or hungry. I eat what I want.

Have a great weekend from The Tortoise's Weigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment