Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I am glad the weekend is over!

How many times have you heard someone say that? I bet not many.

I am very sad that my friend had to leave yesterday and I will miss her terribly BUT, I will not miss the eating out. Three restaurants in three days (and two of them were Mexican). I was told, a few times, "I don't want to be the only one eating" and "It's vacation". I was not on vacation and I was eating, just trying to make healthier choices. It can be really hard for people, who don't have to let go of any weight, to understand the internal mind workings of someone who wants to let go of some weight. (Did you notice I said "wants to" and not "needs to", although I did think it momentarily?)

I am glad to say that I did not gain any weight nor did I lose any weight. I think one of the most positive things to come out of the weekend was that I was once again reminded that I can go out to eat, eat the foods I love and not over consume those foods. For the most part, I cut each meal in half or ordered a smaller portion. The plan continues to work.

My next goal is to start weighing myself only once a day beginning the day after my next WID. I really do have a bit of a scale obsession (addiction). This will be a tough goal for me.

I will continue to report from The Tortoise's Weigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment