Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Blog Disclaimer

Disclaimer: All posts in this blog are formulated in my mind. Any resemblance to other blog posts, or blog names, is purely coincidental.

I started letting go of my weight a little over 6 weeks ago. I had not started looking for any motivation on the web yet (although in the last week or so I have found some great ones). I came up with my food plan using what had worked and not worked over the 30+ years of dieting.
I had finally learned that if you choose an eating plan that you can't picture yourself doing for the rest of your life, it will not work. One example of this for me is the high protein-low carb method. I don't like meat that much, I feel as if I don't metabolize meat that well, I cannot live, or picture my life, without my bread, pasta, pizza, etc.
I developed the plan for my blog, wrote it down and then did some internet surfing. For the name, The Tortoise's Weigh, all searches resulted in how much giant tortoises weigh. I thought it was a perfect name for my blog especially since I was planning on letting go of my weight slowly and steadily.
Since then, after reading one of my favorite blogs, http://tippytoediet.com, and linking to some of her favorites, and then some of their favorites, I have come across a few other blogs with references to tortoises and the motto, "slow and steady wins the race". And here I thought I was being so original.
So, as I go forth with my blog, my posts, my plan, my letting go of weight, if similarities exist, I apologize and please know that the similarities are purely coincidental.
Thank you from The Tortoise's Weigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment