Saturday, March 26, 2011

WID - Already?!?!

Wow, these weeks have just been flying by. I really don't know where the time goes. Okay, back to the business at hand...
I was a little worried about today. We ran errands yesterday and since our town really doesn't have a lot of shops for necessities, we had to drive to the next town, 40 minutes away. We decided to eat lunch at home, take a snack, and go out for dinner.
We ended up at Olive Garden. Yep, the place where 1 breadstick is 150 calories and 1 serving of there regularly dressed salad is 350 calories. There were seats available in the bar area and there was a wait for the dining room so we made the decision to just sit at the bar (also basketball was on the TV for DH).
I asked if they had nutrition information for their menu items. The server ran into the back and came out with handouts of all the information I could possibly need. It was great! I had skipped my 100 calorie snack for the day so added it to my 500 for dinner, giving me 600 calories I could use. Here is what I ended up with:
1/2 breadstick
2 servings of salad with light dressing on the side (I skipped most of the croutons)
1/2 serving of the Ravioli di Portobello (there were 7 Ravioli's, I ate 3)

I was stuffed. I estimated calories at, 75 for the 1/2 breadstick, 150-200 for the salad, and about 300 for the 1/2 ravioli's. Total: 525-575

I felt really good about my choices! It was kinda funny, a woman and her husband came and sat next to us while waiting for their table. She kept staring at what/how I was eating. It felt weird. I even saw her husband tap her to get her attention. At the very end, she asked if I had to ask for the nutrition information and that she had checked online before coming for dinner to see what she could have. We got to talking and I told her what I had and how it worked out. I think the biggest surprise was the low fat dressing you can get which was delicious! Thank you Olive Garden!

Oh, I almost forgot, WID (Weigh In Day). I lost another 2 pounds, bringing my total to 17 pounds in 9 weeks, still a little ahead of my goal. This is working and it is a plan I can live with the rest of my life. Why was I worried you ask? I felt sooooo full after dinner last night that I thought it would show on the scale (and even tho I stayed within calories, I didn't know how much the sodium would affect me). Whew!

Have a great week from The Tortoise's Weigh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment